38 CFR 21.292 - Course approvals.
(a) Courses must be approved. Only those courses approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs shall be utilized to provide training and rehabilitation services under Chapter 31.
(b) General. VA staff in consultation with the veteran will select courses and services needed to carry out the rehabilitation plan only from those which VA determines are offered by a training or rehabilitation facility which:
(1) Meets the requirements of §§ 21.120 through 21.162;
(2) Meets the criteria of §§ 21.290 through 21.299; and
(3) Is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, section 503(a) Veterans Readjustment Act of 1972, and sections 501 through 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
(c) Obtaining information necessary for approval. In determining whether services and courses may be approved for a veteran's training and rehabilitation under Chapter 31, the Department of Veterans Affairs may use information relevant to the approval or certification of such services and courses for similar purposes developed by:
(1) The State approving agencies;
(2) The Department of Labor;
(3) State vocational rehabilitation agencies;
(4) Nationally recognized accrediting associations;
(5) The Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities; and
(6) Other organizations and agencies.
(d) Course not approved. If a course or program is not approved by one of the agencies identified in paragraph (c) of this section, VR&E staff shall develop necessary information to determine whether criteria given in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section are met.
(e) Course disapproved. The VR&E Officer may approve for 38 U.S.C. chapter 31 use courses that one of the agencies in paragraph (c) of this section has disapproved.