38 CFR § 21.3100 - Counseling.
(a) Purpose of counseling. The purpose of counseling is to assist:
(1) In selecting an educational or training objective;
(2) In developing a suitable program of education or training;
(3) In selecting an educational institution or training establishment appropriate for the attainment of the educational or training objective;
(4) In resolving any personal problems which are likely to interfere with successful pursuit of a program;
(b) Availability of counseling. Counseling assistance is available for -
(1) Identifying and removing reasons for academic difficulties which may result in interruption or discontinuance of training; or
(2) In considering changes in career plans, and making sound decisions about the changes.
(c) Provision of counseling. VA shall provide counseling as needed for the purposes identified in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section upon the request of the eligible person.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.