38 CFR 21.4150 - Designation.
(a) The Chief Executive of each State is requested to create or designate a State department or agency as the State approving agency for his State, for the purpose of assuming the responsibilities delegated to the State under 38 U.S.C. chapter 36, or if the law of the State provides otherwise, to indicate the agency provided by such law ( 38 U.S.C. 3671(a)).
(1) With respect to a State, when that State:
(i) Does not have and fails or declines to create or designate a State approving agency, or
(ii) Fails to enter into an agreement as provided in § 21.4153; and
(2) When VA has approval, disapproval, or suspension authority (under paragraphs (d), (e), (f), or (g) of this section, § 21.4152, or as otherwise provided by law).
(d) Any function, power or duty otherwise required to be exercised by a State, or by an officer or agency of a State, will, with respect to the Republic of Philippines, be exercised by the station head.
(e) The Secretary shall act as State approving agency for programs of apprenticeship, the standards for which have been approved by the Secretary of Labor pursuant to section 50a of title 29 U.S.C. as a national apprenticeship program for operation in more than one State and the training establishment is a carrier directly engaged in interstate commerce which provides such training in more than one State.
(f) Approval of a course of education offered by any agency or instrumentality of the Federal Government shall be under the authority of the Secretary.
Course and licensing and certification test approval; jurisdiction and notices. See § 21.4250.
- 38 CFR 21.4263 — Approval of Flight Training Courses.
- 38 CFR 21.4001 — Delegations of Authority.
- 38 CFR 21.7122 — Courses Precluded.
- 38 CFR 21.4250 — Course and Licensing and Certification Test Approval; Jurisdiction and Notices.
- 38 CFR 21.7700 — State Approving Agencies.
- 38 CFR 21.5150 — State Approving Agencies.
- 38 CFR 21.7200 — State Approving Agencies.