38 CFR 21.4236 - Tutorial assistance.
(1) Is pursuing a post-secondary educational program on a half-time or more basis at an educational institution, and
(b) Approval. The Department of Veterans Affairs will grant approval when:
(1) The educational institution certifies that:
(i) Individualized tutorial assistance is essential to correct a deficiency in a specified subject or subjects required as a part of, or which is prerequisite to, or which is indispensable to the satisfactory pursuit of an approved program of education;
(ii) The tutor selected:
(A) Is qualified, and
(iii) The charges for this assistance do not exceed the customary charges for such tutorial assistance; and
(2) The assistance is furnished on an individual basis.
(c) Limits on tutorial assistance.
(1) VA will authorize the cost of tutorial assistance in an amount not to exceed $100 per month.
(2) The total amount of all tutorial assistance provided under this section will not exceed $1200.