38 CFR 21.5058 - Resumption of participation.
(a) General. An eligible individual, who remains otherwise eligible, may resume active contribution to the fund, if he or she has:
(1) Voluntarily elected to suspend following completion of minimum participation;
(2) Suspended at any time for reasons of hardship; or
(3) Received a discharge or release from active duty after participation and reenlisted.
(b) Disenrollment in order to participate in other educational programs. A person who elects to disenroll in order to receive educational assistance allowance under 38 U.S.C. chapter 34 or to receive an officer adjustment benefit payable under sec. 207, Pub. L. 101-366, 104 Stat. 442, may not reenroll if he or she has negotiated a check under the provisions of law governing the program elected in lieu of the Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program. A person who elects to disenroll in order to receive educational assistance under the Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty, as provided in § 21.7045, may not reenroll.
(c) Reenrollment permitted following some disenrollments.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, a person who has disenrolled may reenroll, but will have to qualify again for minimum participation as described in § 21.5052(a).
(2) If a person does reenroll, he or she may “repurchase” entitlement by tendering previously refunded contributions which he or she received upon disenrollment, subject to the conditions of § 21.5052(f).