38 CFR 21.9590 - Approved programs of education and courses.
(1) Be pursuing an approved program of education;
(4) Have taken an approved licensing or certification test, for which he or she is requesting reimbursement; or
(5) Be an individual who has taken a course for which the individual received tuition assistance provided under a program administered by the Secretary of a military department under 10 U.S.C. 2007(a) or (c), for which the individual is requesting educational assistance for the amount of established charges not covered by military tuition assistance.
(3) The courses, subjects, or licensing or certification tests in the program are approved for VA training; and
(4) Except for a program consisting of a licensing or certification test designed to help the individual maintain employment in a vocation or profession, the individual is not already qualified for the objective of the program.
(d)Programs not authorized under 38 U.S.C. chapter 33. If an individual elected to receive benefits under 38 U.S.C. chapter 33 by relinquishing eligibility under 38 U.S.C. chapter 30, or 10 U.S.C. chapter 1606 or 1607, and the eligible individual requests educational assistance for a program of education that is not authorized to be available to the individual under the provisions of 38 U.S.C. chapter 33, but is available under the chapter the individual relinquished, VA will provide educational assistance at the rate payable under the provisions of the relinquished chapter to the eligible individual for pursuit of any program of education that meets the approval criteria under -
(1) 38 U.S.C. chapter 30, if the individual was eligible under that chapter;
(2) 10 U.S.C. chapter 1606, if the individual was eligible under that chapter; or
(3) 10 U.S.C. chapter 1607, if the individual was eligible under that chapter.
Title 38 published on 09-May-2017 03:49
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.