38 CFR 21.9690 - Nonduplication of educational assistance.
(a) Except for receipt of a Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty kicker provided under 38 U.S.C. 3015(d) or a Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve kicker provided under 10 U.S.C. 16131(i), an eligible individual is barred from receiving educational assistance under 38 U.S.C. chapter 33 concurrently with educational assistance provided under -
(1) 10 U.S.C. 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve);
(4) 38 U.S.C. 30 (Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty);
(5) 38 U.S.C. 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program);
(6) 38 U.S.C. 32 (Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance);
(7) 38 U.S.C. 35 (Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance); or
(8) Hostage Relief Act of 1980.
(b) An individual who is eligible for educational assistance under more than one program listed in paragraph (a) of this section must specify in writing which benefit he or she wishes to receive. The eligible individual may choose to receive payment under another educational assistance program at any time, but may not change which benefit he or she will receive more than once during a term, quarter, or semester.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.