38 CFR 39.34 - Application requirements.
(a) For an Establishment, Expansion, and Improvement Project to be considered for grant funding under this subpart, the State or Tribal Organization must submit an application (as opposed to a preapplication) consisting of the following:
(1) Standard Form 424 (Application for Federal Assistance) with the box labeled “application” marked;
(2) Standard Form 424C (Budget Information), which documents the amount of funds requested based on the construction costs as estimated by the successful construction bid;
(3) A copy of itemized bid tabulations (If there are non-VA participating areas, these shall be itemized separately.); and
(4) Standard Form 424D (Assurances - Construction Program).
(5) VA Form 40-0895-11 (Memorandum of Agreement for a Grant to Construct or Modify a State or Tribal Government Veterans Cemetery) to identify the parties (VA and applicant), identify the scope of the project, and indicate how the grant award funds will be paid to the applicant.
(6) VA Form 40-0895-12 (Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion - Lower Tier Covered Transactions (Contractor)) to ensure that the contractor has not been debarred or suspended, and is eligible to participate in the VA grant process and receive Federal funds.
(b) Prior to submission of the application, the State or Tribal Organization must submit a copy of an Environmental Assessment to determine if an Environmental Impact Statement is necessary for compliance with section 102(2)(C) of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, as amended (42 U.S.C. 4332). The Environmental Assessment must briefly describe the project's possible beneficial and harmful effects on the following impact categories:
(2) Air quality;
(4) Solid waste;
(6) Geology (Soils/Hydrology/Floodplains);
(7) Water quality;
(8) Land use;
(9) Vegetation, Wildlife, Aquatic, Ecology/Wetlands, etc.;
(10) Economic activities;
(11) Cultural resources;
(13) Residential population;
(14) Community services and facilities;
(15) Community plans and projects; and
(c) If an adverse environmental impact is anticipated, the State or Tribal Organization must explain what action will be taken to minimize the impact. The assessment shall comply with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, as amended (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.).
Title 38 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 39 after this date.