(a)Capital grant recipient. To apply for per diem, a capital grantrecipient need only indicate the intent to receive per diem on the capital grant application or may separately request per diem by submitting to VA a written statement requesting per diem.
(b)Non-capital-grant recipient (per diem only). To apply for per diem only, a non-capital grant applicant must obtain from VA a non-capital grant application package and submit to VA the information called for in the application package within the time period established in the Notice of Fund Availability. The application package includes exhibits to be prepared and submitted as part of the application process, including:
(1) Documentation on eligibility to receive per diem under this part;
(2) Documentation on operating budget and cost sharing;
(3) Documentation on supportive services committed to the project;
(4) Comments or recommendations by appropriate state (and area wide) clearinghouses pursuant to E.O. 12372 (3 CFR, 1982 Comp., p. 197), if the applicant is a state; and
(5) Reasonable assurances with respect to receipt of per diem under this part that:
(i) The project will be used principally to furnish to veterans the level of care for which such application is made; that not more than 25 percent of participants at any one time will be non-veterans; and that such services will meet the requirements of this part;
(ii) Adequate financial support will be available for the per diem program; and
(iii) The recipient will keep records and submit reports as VA may reasonably require, within the time frames required; and give VA, upon demand, access to the records upon which such information is based.