39 CFR § 3050.40 - Additional financial reporting.
(a) In general. The Postal Service shall file with the Commission:
(1) Within 40 days after the end of each fiscal quarter, a quarterly report containing the information required by the Securities and Exchange Commission to be included in quarterly reports under sections 13 and 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (15 U.S.C. 78m, 78o(d)) on Form 10-Q, as such form (or any successor form) may be revised from time to time;
(2) Within 60 days after the end of each fiscal year, an annual report containing the information required by the Securities and Exchange Commission to be included in annual reports under such sections on Form 10-K, as such form (or any successor form) may be revised from time to time; and
(3) Periodic reports within the time frame and containing the information prescribed in Form 8-K of the Securities and Exchange Commission, as such form (or any successor form) may be revised from time to time.
(b) Internal control report. For purposes of defining the reports required by paragraph (a)(2) of this section, the Postal Service shall comply with the rules prescribed by the Securities and Exchange Commission implementing section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (15 U.S.C. 7262), beginning with the annual report for fiscal year 2010.
(c) Financial reporting. The reports required by paragraph (a)(2) of this section shall include, with respect to the Postal Service's pension and post-retirement health obligations:
(1) The funded status of the Postal Service's pension and post-retirement health obligations;
(2) Components of the net change in the fund balances and obligations and the nature and cause of any significant changes;
(3) Components of net periodic costs;
(4) Cost methods and assumptions underlying the relevant actuarial valuations;
(5) The effect of a 1 percentage point increase in the assumed health care cost trend rate for each future year on the service and interest costs components of net periodic post-retirement health cost and the accumulated obligation;
(6) Actual contributions to and payments from the funds for the years presented and the estimated future contributions and payments for each of the following 5 years;
(7) The composition of plan assets reflected in the fund balances; and
(8) The assumed rate of return on fund balances and the actual rates of return for the years presented.
(d) Time of filing. Within 5 business days of receiving the data listed under paragraph (c) of this section from the Office of Personnel Management, the Postal Service shall provide two copies of that data to the Commission.
(e) Segment reporting.
(1) Beginning with reports for fiscal year 2010, for purposes of the reports required under paragraphs (a)(1) and (2) of this section, the Postal Service shall include segment reporting.
(2) The Postal Service shall determine the appropriate segment reporting under paragraph (e)(1) of this section after consultation with the Commission.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.