39 CFR 4.1 - Chairman.
(a) The Chairman of the Board of Governors is elected by the Governors from among the members of the Board. The Chairman:
(1) Shall be elected at the Board's regularly scheduled November meeting for a term that commences on December 1 of the calendar year in which the election occurred, or upon the death, departure or resignation of the current Chairman, whichever occurs first, and expires upon the election and installation of a successor Chairman;
(2) Shall preside at all regular and special meetings of the Board, and shall set the agenda for such meetings;
(3) Shall select and appoint the chairman, vice chairman (if any), and members of any committee properly established by the Board.
(b) If the Postmaster General is elected Chairman of the Board, the Governors shall also elect one of their number to preside during proceedings dealing with matters upon which only the Governors may vote.
(c) In the event of the Chairman's death, departure or resignation prior to the election of a successor, the Board, as soon as practicable, shall elect a new Chairman who shall serve a term that commences immediately upon election and expires upon the election and installation of a successor Chairman.
(1) Upon the election and installation of a new Chairman of the Board, the immediate past Chairman shall become Chairman Pro Tempore of the Board, to preside during the absence of the Chairman and Vice Chairman at any meeting of the Board during the year or years following the immediate past Chairman's tenure as Chairman and until another Chairman has been elected.
(2) The Chairman Pro Tempore shall, at the request of the Chairman or Vice Chairman, serve as the representative of the Board of Governors at conferences, trade shows, ceremonial functions and other meetings important to Postal Service business.
Title 39 published on 20-May-2018 04:28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 39 CFR Part 4 after this date.