4 CFR 81.7 - Fees and charges.
(a) No fee or charge will be made for:
(1) Records provided under this part when the direct costs involve less than one hour of search time and 50 pages of photocopying.
(2) Staff-hours spent in resolving any legal or policy questions pertaining to the request.
(3) Copies of records, including those certified as true copies, furnished for official use to a federal government officer or employee.
(4) Copies of pertinent records furnished to a party having a direct and immediate interest in a matter pending before GAO, when necessary or desirable to the performance of a GAO function.
(b) The fees and charges described below will be assessed for the direct costs of search, review, and reproduction of records available to the public under this part.
(1) The cost for reproduction per page shall be 20 cents.
(2) The cost for a certification of authenticity shall be $10 for each certificate.
(3) Manual search and review for records by office personnel will be assessed at $12, $25, or $45 per hour, depending on the rate of pay of the individual actually conducting the search or review, and the complexity of the search.
(4) Other direct costs related to the request may be charged for such items as computer searches.
(5) Except as noted immediately below, requesters generally will be charged only for document duplication. However, there may be times when a search charge will be added, for example, if records are not described with enough specificity to enable them to be located within one hour. Requesters seeking records for commercial use will be charged for document duplication, search, and review costs. Additionally, representatives of the news media, in support of a news gathering or dissemination function, and education or noncommercial scientific institutions not seeking records for commercial use will be charged only for document duplication, unless such request requires extraordinary search or review.
(c) GAO shall notify the requester if an advance deposit is required.
(d) Fees and charges shall be paid by check or money order payable to the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
(e) The Chief Quality Officer may waive or reduce the fees under this section upon a determination that disclosure of the records requested is in the public interest, is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations or activities of the government, and is not primarily in the commercial interest of the requester. Persons seeking a waiver or fee reduction may be required to submit a statement setting forth the intended purpose for which the records are requested, indicate how disclosure will primarily benefit the public and, in appropriate cases, explain why the volume of records requested is necessary. Determinations pursuant to this paragraph are solely within the discretion of GAO.
Title 4 published on 12-Dec-2017 03:36
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 4 CFR Part 81 after this date.