4 CFR Appendix I to Part 83, Memorandum of Understanding
This memorandum of understanding constitutes an agreement between the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the National Archives and Records Service of the General Services Administration (NARS), and the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) concerning:
(1) The maintenance of the Official Personnel Folder (OPF) of an individual who has been employed in a position subject to the provisions of Title 5, U.S.C. and to the regulations and procedures issued by OPM to govern the Federal civil service, and also in a position subject to the GAO Personnel Act of 1980 (Pub. L. 96-191) and its implementing regulations and procedures;
(2) The exchange of personnel documents and data between the Federal civil service administered by OPM and the personnel system administered by GAO;
(3) The establishment of procedures for processing requests for access to, disclosure from, and amendment of documents in the OPF of an individual who has service under both personnel systems;
(4) The establishment of procedures to be followed by the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) when responding to requests pertaining to separated employees in any of the following circumstances:
(a) When the OPF contains documentation resulting from employment in both systems;
(b) When a request is received for transfer of an OPF between systems;
(c) When processing a request for an OPF, and that OPF contains only records of GAO employment since October 1, 1980;
(5) The agreement of the parties to consult and cooperate in matters relating to the establishment and revision of personnel procedures which may have mutual effect so as to insure the sharing of essential information while minimizing the recordkeeping burden of all three parties.
Title 4 published on 2016-09-20.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 4 CFR Part 83.