40 CFR 124.15 - Issuance and effective date of permit.
(a) After the close of the public comment period under § 124.10 on a draft permit, the Regional Administrator shall issue a final permit decision (or a decision to deny a permit for the active life of a RCRA hazardous waste management facility or unit under § 270.29). The Regional Administrator shall notify the applicant and each person who has submitted written comments or requested notice of the final permit decision. This notice shall include reference to the procedures for appealing a decision on a RCRA, UIC, PSD, or NPDES permit under § 124.19 of this part. For the purposes of this section, a final permit decision means a final decision to issue, deny, modify, revoke and reissue, or terminate a permit.
(b) A final permit decision (or a decision to deny a permit for the active life of a RCRA hazardous waste management facility or unit under § 270.29) shall become effective 30 days after the service of notice of the decision unless:
(1) A later effective date is specified in the decision; or
- 40 CFR 124.60 — Issuance and Effective Date and Stays of NPDES Permits.
- 40 CFR 124.18 — Administrative Record for Final Permit When EPA Is the Permitting Authority.
- 40 CFR 122.6 — Continuation of Expiring Permits.
- 40 CFR 270.63 — Permits for Land Treatment Demonstrations Using Field Test or Laboratory Analyses.
- 40 CFR 124.17 — Response to Comments.
- 40 CFR 124.19 — Appeal of RCRA, UIC, NPDES and PSD Permits.
- 40 CFR 270.51 — Continuation of Expiring Permits.
- 40 CFR 124.66 — Special Procedures for Decisions on Thermal Variances Under Section 316(a).
- 40 CFR 124.6 — Draft Permits.
- 40 CFR 270.155 — May the Decision to Approve or Deny My RAP Application Be Administratively Appealed?
- 40 CFR 124.205 — What Must I Do as the Director of the Regulatory Agency to Prepare a Final Standardized Permit?