40 CFR § 141.860 - Violations.
(a) E. coli MCL Violation. A system is in violation of the MCL for E. coli when any of the conditions identified in paragraphs (a)(1) through (a)(4) of this section occur.
(1) The system has an E. coli-positive repeat sample following a total coliform-positive routine sample.
(2) The system has a total coliform-positive repeat sample following an E. coli-positive routine sample.
(3) The system fails to take all required repeat samples following an E. coli-positive routine sample.
(4) The system fails to test for E. coli when any repeat sample tests positive for total coliform.
(b) Treatment technique violation.
(1) A treatment technique violation occurs when a system exceeds a treatment technique trigger specified in § 141.859(a) and then fails to conduct the required assessment or corrective actions within the timeframe specified in § 141.859(b) and (c).
(c) Monitoring violations.
(1) Failure to take every required routine or additional routine sample in a compliance period is a monitoring violation.
(2) Failure to analyze for E. coli following a total coliform-positive routine sample is a monitoring violation.
(d) Reporting violations.
(1) Failure to submit a monitoring report or completed assessment form after a system properly conducts monitoring or assessment in a timely manner is a reporting violation.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.