40 CFR 144.14 - Requirements for wells injecting hazardous waste.
(a)Applicability. The regulations in this section apply to all generators of hazardous waste, and to the owners or operators of all hazardous waste management facilities, using any class of well to inject hazardous wastes accompanied by a manifest. (See also § 144.13.)
(b)Authorization. The owner or operator of any well that is used to inject hazardous waste required to be accompanied by a manifest or delivery document shall apply for authorization to inject as specified in § 144.31 within 6 months after the approval or promulgation of the State UIC program.
(c)Requirements. In addition to complying with the applicable requirements of this part and 40 CFR part 146, the owner or operator of each facility meeting the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section, shall comply with the following:
(9)Certification of closure. When abandonment is completed, the owner or operator must submit to the Director certification by the owner or operator and certification by an independent registered professional engineer that the facility has been closed in accordance with the specifications in § 144.52(a)(6).
(d)Additional requirements for Class IV wells. [Reserved]
- 40 CFR 265.1 — Purpose, Scope, and Applicability.
- 40 CFR 144.28 — Requirements for Class I, II, and III Wells Authorized by Rule.
- 40 CFR 144.31 — Application for a Permit; Authorization by Permit.
- 40 CFR 145.11 — Requirements for Permitting.
- 40 CFR 270.60 — Permits by Rule.
- 40 CFR 144.13 — Prohibition of Class IV Wells.
- 40 CFR 144.52 — Establishing Permit Conditions.
- 40 CFR 264.1 — Purpose, Scope and Applicability.