40 CFR 147.1400 - State-administered program - Class II wells.
The UIC program for Class II wells in the State of Nebraska, except those on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Nebraska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, approved by EPA pursuant to section 1425 of the SDWA.
(a)Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Nebraska. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register on June 25, 1984.
(1) Rules and Regulations of the Nebraska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Rules 1 through 6 (as published by the Commission, May 1981);
(2) Revised Statutes of Nebraska, sections 57-903 and 57-906 (Reissue 1988).
(b)Other laws. The following statutes and regulations, although not incorporated by reference except for select sections identified in paragraph (a) of this section, are also part of the approved state-administered program:
(1) Chapter 57, Oil and Gas Conservation, Revised Statutes of Nebraska sections 57-901 through 57-922 (Reissue 1985).
(d)Statement of legal authority.
(1) “Nebraska Underground Injection Control Program, Attorney General's Statement for Class II Wells,” signed by Assistant Attorney General for Attorney General of Nebraska, as submitted with “State of Nebraska Request for Administration of UIC Program,” January 23, 1982;
(2) “Re: Nebraska Underground Injection Control Program, Addendum to Attorney General's Statement for Class II Wells,” signed by Assistant Attorney General for Attorney General of Nebraska,” undated.
(e) The Program Description and any other materials submitted as part of the application or as supplements thereto.