40 CFR 147.51 - State-administered program
The UIC program for Class I, III, IV and V wells in the State of Alabama, except those on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management, approved by EPA pursuant to section 1422 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on August 25, 1983 (48 FR 38640); the effective date of this program is August 25, 1983. This program consists of the following elements, as submitted to EPA in the State's program application:
(a) Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Alabama. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register on June 25, 1984.
(1) Alabama Water Pollution Control Act, Code of Alabama 1975, sections 22-22-1 through 22-22-14 (1980 and Supp. 1983);
(2) Regulations, Policies and Procedures of the Alabama Water Improvement Commission, Title I (Regulations) (Rev. December 1980), as amended May 17, 1982, to add Chapter 9, Underground Injection Control Regulations (effective June 10, 1982), as amended April 6, 1983 (effective May 11, 1983).
(b) The Memorandum of Agreement between EPA Region IV and the Alabama Department of Environment Management, signed by the EPA Regional Administrator on May 24, 1983.
(c) Statement of legal authority.
(1) “Water Pollution - Public Health - State has Authority to Carry Out Underground Injection Control Program Described in Federal Safe Drinking Water Act - Opinion by Legal Counsel for the Water Improvement Commission,” June 25, 1982;
(2) Letter from Attorney, Alabama Water Improvement Commission, to Regional Administrator, EPA Region IV, “Re: AWIC Response to Phillip Tate's (U.S. EPA, Washington) Comments on AWIC's Final Application for Class I, III, IV, and V UIC Program,” September 21, 1982;
(3) Letter from Alabama Chief Assistant Attorney General to Regional Counsel, EPA Region IV, “Re: Status of Independent Legal Counsel in Alabama Water Improvement Commission's Underground Injection Control Program,” September 14, 1982.
(d) The Program Description and any other materials submitted as part of the application or as supplements thereto.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 147 after this date.