40 CFR 147.550 - State-administered program.
The UIC program for all classes of wells in the State of Georgia, except those wells on Indian lands, is the program administered by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division approved by EPA pursuant to section 1422 of the SDWA. Notice of this approval was published in the Federal Register on April 19, 1984 ( 49 FR 15553); the effective date of this program is May 21, 1984. This program consists of the following elements, as submitted to EPA in the State's program application:
(a)Incorporation by reference. The requirements set forth in the State statutes and regulations cited in this paragraph are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of the applicable UIC program under the SDWA for the State of Georgia. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the OFR in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 1 CFR part 51. Copies may be obtained at the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division, 270 Washington Street, SW., Atlanta, Georgia, 30334. Copies may be inspected at the Environmental Protection Agency, Region IV, 345 Courtland Street, NE., Atlanta, Georgia, 30365, or at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(1) Oil and Gas and Deep Drilling Act of 1975, Official Code of Georgia Annotated (O.C.G.A.) §§ 12-4-40 through 12-4-53 (1988);
(4) Georgia Administrative Procedure Act, O.C.G.A. §§ 50-13-1 through 50-13-22 (Reprinted from the O.C.G.A. and 1988 Cumm. Supp.);
(5) Georgia Water Quality Control Act, O.C.G.A. §§ 12-5-20 through 12-5-53 (1988);
(7) Georgia Safe Drinking Water Act of 1977, O.C.G.A. §§ 12-5-170 through 12-5-193 (1988);
(8) Rules of Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division, Water Quality Control, GA. COMP. R. & REGS. Chapter 391-3-6-.13 (Revised July 28, 1988).
(c)Statement of legal authority.
(1) Unofficial Opinion of the Georgia Attorney General, Op. Atty. Gen. 080-24, June 12, 1980;
(2) Underground Injection Control Program, Attorney General's Statement, February 4, 1982;
(4) Letter to EPA Office of General Counsel from Senior Assistant Attorney General “Re: State UIC Program”, July 13, 1983.
(d)Program Description. The Program Description and any other materials submitted as part of the application or as supplements thereto.
Title 40 published on 10-May-2017 04:28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 147 after this date.