40 CFR 158.2171 - Experimental use permit microbial pesticides product analysis data requirements table.
(a) General. Sections 158.100 through 158.130 describe how to use this table to determine the product analysis data requirements and the substance to be tested for a particular microbial pesticide. Notes that apply to an individual test and include specific conditions, qualifications, or exceptions to the designated test are identified in paragraph (d) of this section.
(b) Key. R = Required; CR = Conditionally required; NR = Not required; MP = Manufacturing-use product; EP = End-use product; TEP = Typical end-use product; TGAI = Technical grade of the active ingredient; All = All of the above.
(c) Table. The table in this paragraph shows the data requirements for experimental use permit microbial pesticides product analysis. The test notes are shown in paragraph (d) of this section.
Table - EUP Microbial Pesticides Product Analysis Data Requirements
|Test guideline No.||Data requirement||All use patterns||Test substance||Test notes|
|885.1200||Manufacturing process||R||TGAI and MP||TGAI and EP||1, 2|
|885.1250||Deposition of a sample in a nationally recognized culture collection||R||TGAI||TGAI||3|
|885.1300||Discussion of formation of unintentional ingredients||R||TGAI and MP||TGAI and EP||2|
|885.1400||Analysis of samples||R||TGAI and MP||TGAI and EP||2, 4|
|885.1500||Certification of limits||R||MP||EP|
|830.6313||Stability to normal and elevated temperatures, metals, and metal ions||R||TGAI||TGAI|
|830.6317||Storage stability||R||TGAI and MP||TGAI and EP|
|830.7300||Density/relative density/bulk density (specific gravity)||R||TGAI||TGAI|
(d) Test notes. The following test notes are applicable to the data requirements for experimental use permit microbial pesticides product analysis as referenced in the last column of the table contained in paragraph (c) of this section.
1. If an experimental use permit is being sought, and if the pesticide is not already under full-scale production, a schematic diagram and/or description of the manufacturing process suffices.
2. If an experimental use permit is being sought, and if the product is not already under full-scale production, a discussion of unintentional ingredients is required to be submitted to the extent this information is available.
3. Required for each isolate of a microbial pesticide. Isolates must be deposited with an agreement to ensure that the sample will be maintained and will not be discarded for the duration of the associated experimental use permit(s).
4. Required to support registration of each manufacturing-use product and end-use product. This analysis must be conducted at the point in the production process after which there would be no potential for microbial contamination or microbial regrowth. For pesticides in the production stage, a preliminary product analytical method and data would suffice to support an experimental use permit. For full registration, generally an analysis of samples is a compilation of batches, over a period of time, depending on the frequency of manufacturing.
5. Only required for emulsifiable liquid forms of microbial pesticides.
6. Required when microbial pesticides are packaged in metal, plastic, or paper containers.
7. Only required for liquid forms of microbial pesticides.