40 CFR 172.50 - Response to a notification.
(a) EPA will review and evaluate each Notification as expeditiously as possible and will make a determination no later than 90 days after receipt of the complete Notification; however, under no circumstances shall the proposed test proceed until the submitter has received notice from EPA of its approval of such test.
(b) For each Notification, EPA may make the following determinations:
(1) Require additional information from the submitter to assess the proposed test adequately.
(2) Approve the proposed test.
(3) Approve the proposed test provided that the submitter makes certain modifications to the test proposal.
(4) Require an EUP for the test.
(5) Disapprove the proposed test because of the potential for unreasonable adverse effects. Such disapproval by EPA shall be considered the equivalent of denial of an EUP and the remedies for such denial provided by § 172.10 are available to the submitter.
(c) If the proposed test is approved by EPA, then the submitter shall perform the test in the same manner described in the Notification, subject to any requirements imposed under paragraph (b)(3) of this section.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 172 after this date.