40 CFR 191.21 - Applicability.
(a) This subpart applies to:
(1) Radiation doses received by members of the public as a result of activities subject to subpart B of this part; and
(2) Radioactive contamination of underground sources of drinking water in the accessible environment as a result of such activities.
(b) This subpart does not apply to:
(1) Disposal directly into the oceans or ocean sediments;
(2) Wastes disposed of before the effective date of this subpart; and
(3) The characterization, licensing, construction, operation, or closure of any site required to be characterized under section 113(a) of Public Law 97-425, 96 Stat. 2201.