(a) Any compliance application shall contain compliance assessments required pursuant to this part. Compliance assessments shall include information which:
(1) Identifies potential processes, events, or sequences of processes and events that may occur over the regulatory time frame;
(2) Identifies the processes, events, or sequences of processes and events included in compliance assessment results provided in any compliance application; and
(3) Documents why any processes, events, or sequences of processes and events identified pursuant to paragraph (a)(1) of this section were not included in compliance assessment results provided in any compliance application.
(b) Compliance assessments of undisturbed performance shall include the effects on the disposal system of:
(1) Existing boreholes in the vicinity of the disposal system, with attention to the pathways they provide for migration of radionuclides from the site; and
(2) Any activities that occur in the vicinity of the disposal system prior to or soon after disposal. Such activities shall include, but shall not be limited to: Existing boreholes and the development of any existing leases that can be reasonably expected to be developed in the near future, including boreholes and leases that may be used for fluid injection activities.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.