40 CFR § 230.40 - Sanctuaries and refuges.
(b) Possible loss of values: Sanctuaries and refuges may be affected by discharges of dredged or fill material which will:
(1) Disrupt the breeding, spawning, migratory movements or other critical life requirements of resident or transient fish and wildlife resources;
(2) Create unplanned, easy and incompatible human access to remote aquatic areas;
(3) Create the need for frequent maintenance activity;
(4) Result in the establishment of undesirable competitive species of plants and animals;
(5) Change the balance of water and land areas needed to provide cover, food, and other fish and wildlife habitat requirements in a way that modifies sanctuary or refuge management practices;
(6) Result in any of the other adverse impacts discussed in subparts C and D as they relate to a particular sanctuary or refuge.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.