40 CFR 256.41 - Recommendations for assessing the need for facilities.
(a) In meeting the requirement for adequate resource conservation, recovery, storage, treatment and disposal facilities and practices, the State plan should provide for an assessment of the adequacy of existing facilities and practices and the need for new or expanded facilities and practices.
(1) The needs assessment should be based on current and projected waste generation rates and on the capacities of presently operating and planned facilities.
(2) Existing and planned resource conservation and recovery practices and their impact on facility needs should be assessed.
(3) Current and projected movement of solid and hazardous waste across State and local boundaries should be assessed.
(5) Impact on facility capacities due to predictable changes in waste quantities and characteristics should be estimated.
(6) Environmental, economic, and other constraints on continued operation of facilities should be assessed.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.