40 CFR § 260.2 - Availability of information; confidentiality of information.
(a) Any information provided to EPA under parts 260 through 266 and 268 of this chapter will be made available to the public to the extent and in the manner authorized by the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. section 552, section 3007(b) of RCRA and EPA regulations implementing the Freedom of Information Act and section 3007(b), and part 2 of this chapter, as applicable.
(b) Except as provided under paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section, any person who submits information to EPA in accordance with parts 260 through 266 and 268 of this chapter may assert a claim of business confidentiality covering part or all of that information by following the procedures set forth in § 2.203(b) of this chapter. Information covered by such a claim will be disclosed by EPA only to the extent, and by means of the procedures, set forth in part 2, subpart B, of this chapter.
(1) After August 6, 2014, no claim of business confidentiality may be asserted by any person with respect to information entered on a Hazardous Waste Manifest (EPA Form 8700-22), a Hazardous Waste Manifest Continuation Sheet (EPA Form 8700-22A), or an electronic manifest format that may be prepared and used in accordance with § 262.20(a)(3) of this chapter.
(2) EPA will make any electronic manifest that is prepared and used in accordance with § 262.20(a)(3), or any paper manifest that is submitted to the system under §§ 264.71(a)(6) or 265.71(a)(6) of this chapter available to the public under this section when the electronic or paper manifest is a complete and final document. Electronic manifests and paper manifests submitted to the system are considered by EPA to be complete and final documents and publicly available information after 90 days have passed since the delivery to the designated facility of the hazardous waste shipment identified in the manifest.
(1) After June 26, 2018, no claim of business confidentiality may be asserted by any person with respect to information contained in cathode ray tube export documents prepared, used and submitted under §§ 261.39(a)(5) and 261.41(a) of this chapter, and with respect to information contained in hazardous waste export, import, and transit documents prepared, used and submitted under §§ 262.82, 262.83, 262.84, 263.20, 264.12, 264.71, 265.12, 265.71, and 267.71 of this chapter, whether submitted electronically into EPA's Waste Import Export Tracking System or in paper format.
(2) EPA will make any cathode ray tube export documents prepared, used and submitted under §§ 261.39(a)(5) and 261.41(a) of this chapter, and any hazardous waste export, import, and transit documents prepared, used and submitted under §§ 262.82, 262.83, 262.84, 263.20, 264.12, 264.71, 265.12, 265.71, and 267.71 of this chapter available to the public under this section when these electronic or paper documents are considered by EPA to be final documents. These submitted electronic and paper documents related to hazardous waste exports, imports and transits and cathode ray tube exports are considered by EPA to be final documents on March 1 of the calendar year after the related cathode ray tube exports or hazardous waste exports, imports, or transits occur.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- 6 CCR 1007-3 Part 262 - 6 CCR 1007-3 Part 262 - HAZARDOUS WASTE - STANDARDS APPLICABLE TO GENERATORS OF HAZARDOUS WASTE
- Haw. Code R. §11-260.1-3 - §11-260.1-3 - Amendments to the incorporation of 40 C.F.R. part 260, subpart A.
- Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-31-260 - 28-31-260 - General provisions and definitions; adoption and modification of federal regulations
- La. Admin. Code tit. 33, Part V, §1127 - §1127 - Transboundary Shipments of Hazardous Waste for Recovery within the OECD
- La. Admin. Code tit. 33, Part V, §4911 - §4911 - Conditional Exclusion for Used, Broken Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) Undergoing Recycling
- 10 CSR 25-3.260 - 10 CSR 25-3.260 - Definitions, Modifications to Incorporations and Confidential Business Information
- N.H. Code Admin. R. Env-Hw 207 - Appendix A - Appendix A - State Statutes, Federal Regulations Implemented
- OR Admin. Rule 340-100-0002 - 340-100-0002 - Adoption of United States Environmental Protection Agency Hazardous Waste and Used Oil Management Regulations
- 250-RICR-140-10-1 - Part 1 - Rules and Regulations for Hazardous Waste Management (250-RICR-140-10-1)
- TN Rules and Regs. 0400-12-01-.03 - 0400-12-01-.03 - NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND STANDARDS APPLICABLE TO GENERATORS OF HAZARDOUS WASTES
- Wis. Admin. Code NR Sec. 661.39 - NR 661.39 - Conditional exclusion for used, broken cathode ray tubes (CRTs) and processed CRT glass undergoing recycling