40 CFR 270.20 - Specific part B information requirements for land treatment facilities.
(1) The wastes for which the demonstration will be made and the potential hazardous constituents in the waste;
(2) The data sources to be used to make the demonstration (e.g., literature, laboratory data, field data, or operating data);
(3) Any specific laboratory or field test that will be conducted, including:
(i) The type of test (e.g., column leaching, degradation);
(ii) Materials and methods, including analytical procedures;
(iii) Expected time for completion;
(iv) Characteristics of the unit that will be simulated in the demonstration, including treatment zone characteristics, climatic conditions, and operating practices.
(b) A description of a land treatment program, as required under § 264.271. This information must be submitted with the plans for the treatment demonstration, and updated following the treatment demonstration. The land treatment program must address the following items:
(1) The wastes to be land treated;
(i) Waste application method and rate;
(ii) Measures to control soil pH;
(iii) Enhancement of microbial or chemical reactions;
(iv) Control of moisture content;
(3) Provisions for unsaturated zone monitoring, including:
(i) Sampling equipment, procedures, and frequency;
(ii) Procedures for selecting sampling locations;
(iii) Analytical procedures;
(iv) Chain of custody control;
(v) Procedures for establishing background values;
(vi) Statistical methods for interpreting results;
(vii) The justification for any hazardous constituents recommended for selection as principal hazardous constituents, in accordance with the criteria for such selection in § 264.278(a);
(5) The proposed dimensions of the treatment zone;
(c) A description of how the unit is or will be designed, constructed, operated, and maintained in order to meet the requirements of § 264.273. This submission must address the following items:
(1) Control of run-on;
(2) Collection and control of run-off;
(6) Control of wind dispersal of particulate matter, if applicable;
(1) Characteristics of the food-chain crop for which the demonstration will be made.
(3) Procedures for crop growth, sample collection, sample analysis, and data evaluation;
(4) Characteristics of the comparison crop including the location and conditions under which it was or will be grown;
(f) A description of the vegetative cover to be applied to closed portions of the facility, and a plan for maintaining such cover during the post-closure care period, as required under §§ 264.280(a)(8) and 264.280(c)(2). This information should be included in the closure plan and, where applicable, the post-closure care plan submitted under § 270.14(b)(13);
(i) A waste management plan for EPA Hazardous Waste Nos. FO20, FO21, FO22, FO23, FO26, and FO27 describing how a land treatment facility is or will be designed, constructed, operated, and maintained to meet the requirements of § 264.283. This submission must address the following items as specified in § 264.283:
(1) The volume, physical, and chemical characteristics of the wastes, including their potential to migrate through soil or to volatilize or escape into the atmosphere;
(2) The attenuative properties of underlying and surrounding soils or other materials;
(3) The mobilizing properties of other materials co-disposed with these wastes; and
(4) The effectiveness of additional treatment, design, or monitoring techniques.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 270 after this date.