40 CFR 279.74 - Tracking.
(a)Off-specification used oil delivery. Any used oil marketer who directs a shipment of off-specification used oil to a burner must keep a record of each shipment of used oil to a used oil burner. These records may take the form of a log, invoice, manifest, bill of lading or other shipping documents. Records for each shipment must include the following information:
(2) The name and address of the burner who will receive the used oil;
(4) The EPA identification number of the burner;
(5) The quantity of used oil shipped; and
(6) The date of shipment.
(b)On-specification used oil delivery. A generator, transporter, processor/re-refiner, or burner who first claims that used oil that is to be burned for energy recovery meets the fuel specifications under § 279.11 must keep a record of each shipment of used oil to the facility to which it delivers the used oil. Records for each shipment must include the following information:
(1) The name and address of the facility receiving the shipment;
(2) The quantity of used oil fuel delivered;
(3) The date of shipment or delivery; and
(c)Record retention. The records described in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section must be maintained for at least three years.