(a) The grantee shall notify the Regional Administrator in writing of the actual date of initiation of operation.
(b) Subject to the provisions of 40 CFR part 33, the grantee shall select the engineer or engineering firm principally responsible for either supervising construction or providing architectural and engineering services during construction as the prime engineer to provide the following services during the first year following the initiation of operation:
(1) Direct the operation of the project and revise the operation and maintenance manual as necessary to accommodate actual operating experience;
(2) Train or provide for training of operating personnel and prepare curricula and training material for operating personnel; and
(3) Advise the grantee whether the project is meeting the project performance standards.
(c) On the date one year after the initiation of operation of the project, the grantee shall certify to the Regional Administrator whether the project meets the project performance standards. If the Regional Administrator or the grantee concludes that the project does not meet the project performance standards, the grantee shall submit the following:
(1) A corrective action report which includes an analysis of the cause of the project's failure to meet the performance standards (including the quantity of infiltration/inflow proposed to be eliminated), and an estimate of the nature, scope and cost of the corrective action necessary to bring the project into compliance;
(2) The schedule for undertaking in a timely manner the corrective action necessary to bring the project into compliance; and
(3) The scheduled date for certifying to the Regional Administrator that the project is meeting the project performance standards.
(d) Except as provided in § 35.2032(c) the grantee shall take corrective action necessary to bring a project into compliance with the project performance standards at its own expense. This limitation on Federal funding for corrective actions does not apply to training funds under section 104(g)(1) of the Act.
(e) Nothing in this section:
(1) Prohibits a grantee from requiring more assurances, guarantees, or indemnity or other contractual requirements from any party performing project work; or
(2) Affects EPA's right to take remedial action, including enforcement, against a grantee that fails to carry out its obligations under § 35.2214.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2040-0027)
[49 FR 6234, Feb. 17, 1984, as amended at 55 FR 27098, June 29, 1990]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.