40 CFR 60.4213 - What test methods and other procedures must I use if I am an owner or operator of a stationary CI internal combustion engine with a displacement of greater than or equal to 30 liters per cylinder?
Owners and operators of stationary CI ICE with a displacement of greater than or equal to 30 liters per cylinder must conduct performance tests according to paragraphs (a) through (f) of this section.
(a) Each performance test must be conducted according to the requirements in § 60.8 and under the specific conditions that this subpart specifies in table 7. The test must be conducted within 10 percent of 100 percent peak (or the highest achievable) load.
(d) To determine compliance with the percent reduction requirement, you must follow the requirements as specified in paragraphs (d)(1) through (3) of this section.
(1) You must use Equation 2 of this section to determine compliance with the percent reduction requirement:
(2) You must normalize the NOX or PM concentrations at the inlet and outlet of the control device to a dry basis and to 15 percent oxygen (O2) using Equation 3 of this section, or an equivalent percent carbon dioxide (CO2) using the procedures described in paragraph (d)(3) of this section.
(3) If pollutant concentrations are to be corrected to 15 percent O2 and CO2 concentration is measured in lieu of O2 concentration measurement, a CO2 correction factor is needed. Calculate the CO2 correction factor as described in paragraphs (d)(3)(i) through (iii) of this section.
(i) Calculate the fuel-specific Fo value for the fuel burned during the test using values obtained from Method 19, Section 5.2, and the following equation:
(ii) Calculate the CO2 correction factor for correcting measurement data to 15 percent O2, as follows:
(iii) Calculate the NOX and PM gas concentrations adjusted to 15 percent O2 using CO2 as follows:
(e) To determine compliance with the NOX mass per unit output emission limitation, convert the concentration of NOX in the engine exhaust using Equation 7 of this section:
(f) To determine compliance with the PM mass per unit output emission limitation, convert the concentration of PM in the engine exhaust using Equation 8 of this section:
- 40 CFR 60.4212 — What Test Methods and Other Procedures Must I Use if I Am an Owner or Operator of a Stationary CI Internal Combustion Engine With a Displacement of Less Than 30 Liters Per Cylinder?
- 40 CFR 60.4211 — What Are My Compliance Requirements if I Am an Owner or Operator of a Stationary CI Internal Combustion Engine?