40 CFR 60.466 - Test methods and procedures.
(1) Method 24, or data provided by the formulator of the coating, shall be used for determining the VOC content of each coating as applied to the surface of the metal coil. In the event of a dispute, Method 24 shall be the reference method. When VOC content of waterborne coatings, determined by Method 24, is used to determine compliance of affected facilities, the results of the Method 24 analysis shall be adjusted as described in Section 12.6 of Method 24;
(2) Method 25, both for measuring the VOC concentration in each gas stream entering and leaving the control device on each stack equipped with an emission control device and for measuring the VOC concentration in each gas stream emitted directly to the atmosphere;
(3) Method 1 for sample and velocity traverses;
(4) Method 2 for velocity and volumetric flow rate;
(5) Method 3 for gas analysis; and
(6) Method 4 for stack gas moisture.
(c) For Method 25, the sampling time for each of three runs is to be at least 60 minutes, and the minimum sampling volume is to be at least 0.003 dscm (0.11 dscf); however, shorter sampling times or smaller volumes, when necessitated by process variables or other factors, may be approved by the Administrator.
(d) The Administrator will approve testing of representative stacks on a case-by-case basis if the owner or operator can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Administrator that testing of representative stacks yields results comparable to those that would be obtained by testing all stacks.