40 CFR 62.14350 - Scope and delegation of authority.
(a) This subpart contains emission requirements and compliance schedules for the control of designated pollutants from certain municipal solid waste landfills in accordance with section 111(d) of the Clean Air Act and 40 CFR part 60, subpart B. This municipal solid waste landfills Federal plan applies to each designated facility as defined in § 62.14352 of this subpart that is not covered by an EPA approved and currently effective State or Tribal plan.
(b) The following authorities shall be retained by the Administrator and not transferred to the State or Tribe upon delegation of authority to the State or Tribe to implement and enforce the Federal plan pursuant to sections 101(a)(3) and 111 of the Clean Air Act:
(1) Approval of alternative methods to determine site-specific NMOC concentration (C NMOC) or site-specific methane generation rate constant (k) used in calculating the annual NMOC emission rate (as provided in 40 CFR 60.754(a)(5) of subpart WWW),
(2) Alternative emission standards,
(3) Major alternatives 1 to test methods,
1 Major changes to test methods or to monitoring are modifications made to a federally enforceable test method or to a federal monitoring requirement. These changes would involve the use of unproven technology or procedures or an entirely new method (which is sometimes necessary when the required test method or monitoring requirement is unsuitable).
(4) Major alternatives to monitoring, or
(5) Waivers of recordkeeping.