40 CFR 63.11171 - How do I know if my source is considered a new source or an existing source?
(b) The affected source is the collection of all of the items listed in paragraphs (b)(1) through (6) of this section. Not all affected sources will have all of the items listed in paragraphs (b)(1) through (6) of this section.
(1) Mixing rooms and equipment;
(2) Spray booths, ventilated prep stations, curing ovens, and associated equipment;
(3) Spray guns and associated equipment;
(4) Spray gun cleaning equipment;
(1) You commenced the construction of the source after September 17, 2007 by installing new paint stripping or surface coating equipment. If you purchase and install spray booths, enclosed spray gun cleaners, paint stripping equipment to reduce MeCl emissions, or purchase new spray guns to comply with this subpart at an existing source, these actions would not make your existing source a new source.