40 CFR 63.167 - Standards: Open-ended valves or lines.
(2) The cap, blind flange, plug, or second valve shall seal the open end at all times except during operations requiring process fluid flow through the open-ended valve or line, or during maintenance or repair.
(b) Each open-ended valve or line equipped with a second valve shall be operated in a manner such that the valve on the process fluid end is closed before the second valve is closed.
(c) When a double block and bleed system is being used, the bleed valve or line may remain open during operations that require venting the line between the block valves but shall comply with paragraph (a) of this section at all other times.
(d) Open-ended valves or lines in an emergency shutdown system which are designed to open automatically in the event of a process upset are exempt from the requirements of paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of this section.
(e) Open-ended valves or lines containing materials which would autocatalytically polymerize or, would present an explosion, serious overpressure, or other safety hazard if capped or equipped with a double block and bleed system as specified in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this section are exempt from the requirements of paragraph (a) through (c) of this section.
- 40 CFR 63.697 — Reporting Requirements.
- 40 CFR 63.1363 — Standards for Equipment Leaks.
- 40 CFR 63.1103 — Source Category-Specific Applicability, Definitions, and Requirements.
- 40 CFR 63.1255 — Standards: Equipment Leaks.
- 40 CFR 63.696 — Recordkeeping Requirements.
- 40 CFR 63.691 — Standards: Equipment Leaks.