40 CFR 63.2161 - What performance tests and other procedures must I use if I monitor brew ethanol?
(a) You must conduct each performance test in Table 2 to this subpart that applies to you.
(b) Each performance test must be conducted according to the requirements in § 63.7(e)(1) and under the specific conditions that this subpart specifies in Table 2 to this subpart and in paragraphs (b)(1) through (4) of this section.
(2) For each fermentation stage, conduct one run of the EPA Test Method 25A of 40 CFR part 60, appendix A, over the entire length of a batch. The three fermentation stages do not have to be from the same production run.
(3) Do the test at a point in the exhaust-gas stream before you inject any dilution air, which is any air not needed to control fermentation.
(4) Record the results of the test for each fermentation stage.
(d) You must collect data to correlate the brew ethanol concentration measured by the continuous emission monitoring system (CEMS) to the VOC concentration in the fermenter exhaust according to paragraphs (d)(1) through (3) of this section.
(1) You must collect a separate set of brew ethanol concentration data for each fed-batch fermentation stage while manufacturing the product that comprises the largest percentage (by mass) of average annual production.
(2) Measure brew ethanol as specified in § 63.2164 simultaneously with conducting a performance test for VOC in fermenter exhaust as specified in paragraph (b) of this section. You must measure brew ethanol at least once during each successive 30-minute period over the entire period of the performance test for VOC in fermenter exhaust.
(3) Keep a record of the brew ethanol concentration data for each fermentation stage over the period of EPA Test Method 25A of 40 CFR part 60, appendix A, performance test when the VOC concentration in the fermenter exhaust does not exceed the applicable emission limitation in Table 1 to this subpart.
(e) For each set of data that you collected under paragraph (d) of this section, perform a linear regression of brew ethanol concentration (percent) on VOC fermenter exhaust concentration (parts per million by volume (ppmv) measured as propane). The correlation between the brew ethanol concentration as measured by the CEMS and the VOC fermenter exhaust concentration as measured by EPA Test Method 25A of 40 CFR part 60, appendix A, must be linear with a correlation coefficient of at least 0.90.
- 40 CFR 63.2162 — When Must I Conduct Subsequent Performance Tests?
- 40 CFR 63.2166 — How Do I Demonstrate Initial Compliance With the Emission Limitations if I Monitor Brew Ethanol?
- 40 CFR 63.2164 — If I Monitor Brew Ethanol, What Are My Monitoring Installation, Operation, and Maintenance Requirements?
- 40 CFR 63.2182 — What Records Must I Keep?
- 40 CFR 63.2160 — By What Date Must I Conduct an Initial Compliance Demonstration?