40 CFR 63.2269 - What are my monitoring installation, operation, and maintenance requirements?
(a)General continuous parameter monitoring requirements. You must install, operate, and maintain each continuous parameter monitoring system (CPMS) according to paragraphs (a)(1) through (3) of this section.
(1) The CPMS must be capable of completing a minimum of one cycle of operation (sampling, analyzing, and recording) for each successive 15-minute period.
(3) Record the results of each inspection, calibration, and validation check.
(1) Locate the temperature sensor in a position that provides a representative temperature.
(2) Use a temperature sensor with a minimum accuracy of 4 °F or 0.75 percent of the temperature value, whichever is larger.
(3) If a chart recorder is used, it must have a sensitivity with minor divisions not more than 20 °F.
(4) Perform an electronic calibration at least semiannually according to the procedures in the manufacturer's owners manual. Following the electronic calibration, you must conduct a temperature sensor validation check in which a second or redundant temperature sensor placed nearby the process temperature sensor must yield a reading within 30 °F of the process temperature sensor's reading.
(6) At least quarterly, inspect all components for integrity and all electrical connections for continuity, oxidation, and galvanic corrosion.
(1) For dry rotary dryers, use a continuous moisture monitor with a minimum accuracy of 1 percent (dry basis) moisture or better in the 25 to 35 percent (dry basis) moisture content range. For veneer redryers, use a continuous moisture monitor with a minimum accuracy of 3 percent (dry basis) moisture or better in the 15 to 25 percent (dry basis) moisture content range. Alternatively, you may use a continuous moisture monitor with a minimum accuracy of 5 percent (dry basis) moisture or better for dry rotary dryers used to dry furnish with less than 25 percent (dry basis) moisture or for veneer redryers used to redry veneer with less than 20 percent (dry basis) moisture.
(3) Calibrate the moisture monitor based on the procedures specified by the moisture monitor manufacturer at least once per semiannual compliance period (or more frequently if recommended by the moisture monitor manufacturer).
(4) At least quarterly, inspect all components of the moisture monitor for integrity and all electrical connections for continuity.
(5) Use Equation 1 of this section to convert percent moisture measurements wet basis to a dry basis:
(d)Continuous emission monitoring system(s). Each CEMS must be installed, operated, and maintained according to paragraphs (d)(1) through (4) of this section.
(1) Each CEMS for monitoring THC concentration must be installed, operated, and maintained according to Performance Specification 8 of 40 CFR part 60, appendix B. You must also comply with Procedure 1 of 40 CFR part 60, appendix F.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 63 after this date.