40 CFR 63.3493 - What work practice standards must I meet?
(a) For any coating operation(s) for which you use the compliant material option or the emission rate without add-on controls option, you are not required to meet any work practice standards.
(b) If you use the emission rate with add-on controls option or the control efficiency/outlet concentration option to comply with the emission limitations, you must develop and implement a work practice plan to minimize organic HAP emissions from the storage, mixing, and conveying of coatings, thinners, and cleaning materials used in, and waste materials generated by, the coating operation(s) for which you use those options; or you must meet an alternative standard as provided in paragraph (c) of this section. The plan must specify practices and procedures to ensure that, at a minimum, the elements specified in paragraphs (b)(1) through (5) of this section are implemented.
(1) All organic-HAP-containing coatings, thinners, cleaning materials, and waste materials must be stored in closed containers.
(2) Spills of organic-HAP-containing coatings, thinners, cleaning materials, and waste materials must be minimized.
(3) Organic-HAP-containing coatings, thinners, cleaning materials, and waste materials must be conveyed from one location to another in closed containers or pipes.
(4) Mixing vessels which contain organic-HAP-containing coatings and other materials must be closed except when adding to, removing, or mixing the contents.
(5) Emissions of organic HAP must be minimized during cleaning of storage, mixing, and conveying equipment.
(c) As provided in § 63.6(g), we, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), may choose to grant you permission to use an alternative to the work practice standards in this section.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 63 after this date.