40 CFR 63.422 - Standards: Loading racks.
(a) Each owner or operator of loading racks at a bulk gasoline terminal subject to the provisions of this subpart shall comply with the requirements in § 60.502 of this chapter except for paragraphs (b), (c), and (j) of that section. For purposes of this section, the term “affected facility” used in § 60.502 of this chapter means the loading racks that load gasoline cargo tanks at the bulk gasoline terminals subject to the provisions of this subpart.
(b) Emissions to the atmosphere from the vapor collection and processing systems due to the loading of gasoline cargo tanks shall not exceed 10 milligrams of total organic compounds per liter of gasoline loaded.
(2) Section 60.502(e)(5) of this chapter is changed to read: The terminal owner or operator shall take steps assuring that the nonvapor-tight gasoline cargo tank will not be reloaded at the facility until vapor tightness documentation for that gasoline cargo tank is obtained which documents that:
(d) Each owner or operator shall meet the requirements in all paragraphs of this section as expeditiously as practicable, but no later than December 15, 1997, at existing facilities and upon startup for new facilities.
(1) The owner or operator shall design and operate the vapor processing system, vapor collection system, and liquid loading equipment to prevent gauge pressure in the railcar gasoline cargo tank from exceeding the applicable test limits in § 63.425(e) and (i) during product loading. This level is not to be exceeded when measured by the procedures specified in 40 CFR 60.503(d) of this chapter.
(2) No pressure-vacuum vent in the bulk gasoline terminal's vapor processing system or vapor collection system may begin to open at a system pressure less than the applicable test limits in § 63.425(e) or (i).
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 63 after this date.
- 40 CFR 63.427 — Continuous Monitoring.
- 40 CFR 63.425 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 63.428 — Reporting and Recordkeeping.
- 40 CFR 63.646 — Storage Vessel Provisions.
- 40 CFR 63.11088 — What Requirements Must I Meet for Gasoline Loading Racks if My Facility Is a Bulk Gasoline Terminal, Pipeline Breakout Station, or Pipeline Pumping Station?