40 CFR 63.9794 - What do I need to know about operation, maintenance, and monitoring plans?
(a) For each continuous parameter monitoring system (CPMS) required by this subpart, you must develop, implement, make available for inspection, and revise, as necessary, an OM&M plan that includes the information in paragraphs (a)(1) through (13) of this section.
(1) A list and identification of each process and add-on APCD that is required by this subpart to be monitored, the type of monitoring device that will be used, and the operating parameters that will be monitored.
(2) Specifications for the sensor, signal analyzer, and data collection system.
(3) A monitoring schedule that specifies the frequency that the parameter values will be determined and recorded.
(4) The operating limits for each parameter that represent continuous compliance with the emission limitations in § 63.9788, based on values of the monitored parameters recorded during performance tests.
(5) Procedures for installing the CPMS at a measurement location relative to each process unit or APCD such that measurement is representative of control of emissions.
(6) Procedures for the proper operation and routine and long-term maintenance of each process unit and APCD, including a maintenance and inspection schedule that is consistent with the manufacturer's recommendations.
(7) Procedures for the proper operation and maintenance of monitoring equipment consistent with the requirements in §§ 63.8(c)(1), (3), (4)(ii), (7), and (8), and 63.9804.
(8) Ongoing data quality assurance procedures in accordance with the general requirements of § 63.8(d).
(9) Procedures for evaluating the performance of each CPMS.
(10) Procedures for responding to operating parameter deviations, including the procedures in paragraphs (a)(10)(i) through (iii) of this section:
(i) Procedures for determining the cause of the operating parameter deviation.
(ii) Actions for correcting the deviation and returning the operating parameters to the allowable limits.
(iii) Procedures for recording the times that the deviation began and ended, and when corrective actions were initiated and completed.
(11) Procedures for keeping records to document compliance and reporting in accordance with the requirements of § 63.10(c), (e)(1), and (e)(2)(i).
(12) If you operate a kiln that is subject to the limits on the type of fuel used, as specified in items 3 and 4 of Table 3 to subpart SSSSS, procedures for using alternative fuels.
(13) If you operate an affected continuous kiln and you plan to take the kiln control device out of service for scheduled maintenance, as specified in § 63.9792(e), the procedures specified in paragraphs (a)(13)(i) and (ii) of this section.
(i) Procedures for minimizing HAP emissions from the kiln during periods of scheduled maintenance of the kiln control device when the kiln is operating and the control device is out of service.
(ii) Procedures for minimizing any period of scheduled maintenance on the kiln control device when the kiln is operating and the control device is out of service.
(b) Changes to the operating limits in your OM&M plan require a new performance test. If you are revising an operating limit parameter value, you must meet the requirements in paragraphs (b)(1) and (2) of this section.
(1) Submit a Notification of Performance Test to the Administrator as specified in § 63.7(b).
(2) After completing the performance tests to demonstrate that compliance with the emission limits can be achieved at the revised operating limit parameter value, you must submit the performance test results and the revised operating limits as part of the Notification of Compliance Status required under § 63.9(h).
(c) If you are revising the inspection and maintenance procedures in your OM&M plan, you do not need to conduct a new performance test.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 63 after this date.