40 CFR 65.155 - Other control devices.
(a)Other control device equipment and operating requirements.
(1) Owners or operators using a control device other than one listed in §§ 65.147 through 65.152 to meet the 98 weight-percent emission reduction or 20 parts per million by volume outlet concentration requirements specified in § 65.63(a)(2), or 40 CFR 60.562-1(a)(1)(i)(A)562-1(a)(1)(i)(A) for process vents, or § 65.83(a)(1) for high-throughput transfer racks, as applicable, shall meet the requirements of this section.
(2) Other control devices used to comply with the provisions of this subpart shall be operated at all times when emissions are vented to them.
(b)Other control device performance test requirements.
(1) Unless an initial performance test was previously conducted and submitted under the referencing subpart, an owner or operator of a control device other than those specified in §§ 65.147 through 65.152, to comply with § 65.63(a)(2) for process vents, or § 65.83(a)(1) for high-throughput transfer racks, shall perform an initial performance test according to the procedures in §§ 65.157 and 65.158. Performance test records shall be kept as specified in § 65.160(a) and (b), and a performance test report shall be submitted as specified in § 65.164.
(2) Unless already permitted by the applicable title V permit, if an owner or operator elects to use another control device to replace an existing control device at a later date, the owner or operator shall notify the Administrator, either by amendment of the regulated source's title V permit or, if title V is not applicable, by submission of the notice specified in § 65.167(a) before implementing the change. Upon implementing the change, another control device performance test shall be performed using the methods specified in §§ 65.157 and 65.158 within 180 days if required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section. The performance test report shall be submitted to the Administrator within 60 days of completing the determination as provided in § 65.164(b)(2). If an owner or operator elects to use a control device to replace an existing recovery device that is used on a Group 2A process vent, the owner or operator shall comply with the applicable provisions of §§ 65.63(e) and 65.67(b) and submit the notification specified in § 65.167(a).
(c)Other control device monitoring requirements.
(1) Unless previously submitted and approved under the referencing subpart, if an owner or operator uses a control device other than those listed in this subpart, the owner or operator shall submit a description of planned monitoring, reporting, and recordkeeping procedures as required under § 65.162(e). The Administrator will approve, deny, or modify based on the reasonableness of the proposed monitoring, reporting, and recordkeeping requirements as part of the review of the submission or permit application or by other appropriate means.
(2) The owner or operator shall establish a range for monitored parameters that indicates proper operation of the control device. To establish the range, the information required in § 65.165(c) shall be submitted in the Initial Compliance Status Report or the operating permit application or amendment. The range may be based upon a prior performance test meeting the specifications in § 65.157(b)(1) or upon existing ranges or limits established under a referencing subpart.
- 40 CFR 65.145 — Nonflare Control Devices Used to Control Emissions From Storage Vessels or Low-Throughput Transfer Racks.
- 40 CFR 65.160 — Performance Test and TRE Index Value Determination Records.
- 40 CFR 65.164 — Performance Test and Flare Compliance Determination Notifications and Reports.
- 40 CFR 65.142 — Standards.
- 40 CFR 65.162 — Nonflare Control and Recovery Device Monitoring Records.