40 CFR 7.85 - Recipients.
(a)Compliance information. Each recipient shall collect, maintain, and on request of the OCR, provide the following information to show compliance with this part:
(1) A brief description of any lawsuits pending against the recipient that allege discrimination which this part prohibits;
(3) A log of discrimination complaints which identifies the complaint, the date it was filed, the date the recipient's investigation was completed, the disposition, and the date of disposition; and
(4) Reports of any compliance reviews conducted by any other agencies.
(b)Additional compliance information. If necessary, the OCR may require recipients to submit data and information specific to certain programs or activities to determine compliance where there is reason to believe that discrimination may exist in a program or activity receiving EPA assistance or to investigate a complaint alleging discrimination in a program or activity receiving EPA assistance. Requests shall be limited to data and information which is relevant to determining compliance and shall be accompanied by a written statement summarizing the complaint or setting forth the basis for the belief that discrimination may exist.
(1) Each recipient must conduct a self-evaluation of its administrative policies and practices, to consider whether such policies and practices may involve handicap discrimination prohibited by this part. When conducting the self-evaluation, the recipient shall consult with interested and involved persons including handicapped persons or organizations representing handicapped persons. The evaluation shall be completed within 18 months after the effective date of this part.
(2) Each recipient employing the equivalent of 15 or more full time employees may be required to complete a written self-evaluation of its compliance under the Age Discrimination Act as part of a compliance review or complaint investigation. This self-evaluation will pertain to any age distinction imposed in its program or activity receiving Federal assistance from EPA. If required, each recipient's self-evaluation shall identify and justify each age distinction imposed by the recipient and each recipient shall take corrective and remedial action whenever a self-evaluation indicates a violation of the Age Discrimination Act.
(d) Preparing compliance information. In preparing compliance information, a recipient must:
(2) Use the racial classifications set forth in § 7.25 in determining categories of race, color or national origin.
(e)Maintaining compliance information. Recipients must keep records for paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section for three (3) years after completing the project. When any complaint or other action for alleged failure to comply with this part is brought before the three-year period ends, the recipient shall keep records until the complaint is resolved.
(f) Accessibility to compliance information. A recipient shall:
(1) Give the OCR access during normal business hours to its books, records, accounts and other sources of information, including its facilities, as may be pertinent to ascertain compliance with this part;
(2) Make compliance information available to the public upon request; and
(3) Assist in obtaining other required information that is in the possession of other agencies, institutions, or persons not under the recipient's control. If such party refuses to release that information, the recipient shall inform the OCR and explain its efforts to obtain the information.
(g)Coordination of compliance effort. If the recipient employs fifteen (15) or more employees, it shall designate at least one person to coordinate its efforts to comply with its obligations under this part.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 7 after this date.