40 CFR 8.1 - Purpose.
(a) This part is issued pursuant to the Antarctic Science, Tourism, and Conservation Act of 1996. As provided in that Act, this part implements the requirements of Article 8 and Annex I to the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty of 1959 and provides for:
(1) The environmental impact assessment of nongovernmental activities, including tourism, for which the United States is required to give advance notice under paragraph 5 of Article VII of the Antarctic Treaty of 1959; and
(b) The procedures in this part are designed to: ensure that nongovernmental operators identify and assess the potential impacts of their proposed activities, including tourism, on the Antarctic environment; that operators consider these imp acts in deciding whether or how to proceed with proposed activities; and that operators provide environmental documentation pursuant to the Act and Annex I of the Protocol. These procedures are consistent with and implement the environmental impact assessment provisions of Article 8 and Annex I to the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty.
- 40 CFR 61.68 — Emission Monitoring.
- 40 CFR 52.1570 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 60.257 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 60.46 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 60.486a — Recordkeeping Requirements.
- 40 CFR 75.22 — Reference Test Methods.
- 40 CFR 52.1470 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 60.45c — Compliance and Performance Test Methods and Procedures for Particulate Matter.
- 40 CFR 60.46b — Compliance and Performance Test Methods and Procedures for Particulate Matter and Nitrogen Oxides.
- 40 CFR 52.1605 — EPA-approved New Jersey Regulations.
- 40 CFR 60.50Da — Compliance Determination Procedures and Methods.
- 40 CFR 63.11956 — What Are My Compliance Requirements for Ambient Monitoring?
- 40 CFR 63.11930 — What Requirements Must I Meet for Closed Vent Systems?
- 40 CFR 60.2922 — How Do I Conduct the Initial and Annual Performance Test?
- 40 CFR 60.3027 — How Do I Conduct the Initial and Annual Performance Test?
- 40 CFR 60.5416a — What Are the Initial and Continuous Cover and Closed Vent System Inspection and Monitoring Requirements for My Centrifugal Compressor, Reciprocating Compressor, Pneumatic Pump, and Storage Vessel Affected Facilities?
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 40 CFR Part 8.