40 CFR 8.1 - Purpose.
(a) This part is issued pursuant to the Antarctic Science, Tourism, and Conservation Act of 1996. As provided in that Act, this part implements the requirements of Article 8 and Annex I to the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty of 1959 and provides for:
(1) The environmental impact assessment of nongovernmental activities, including tourism, for which the United States is required to give advance notice under paragraph 5 of Article VII of the Antarctic Treaty of 1959; and
(b) The procedures in this part are designed to: ensure that nongovernmental operators identify and assess the potential impacts of their proposed activities, including tourism, on the Antarctic environment; that operators consider these imp acts in deciding whether or how to proceed with proposed activities; and that operators provide environmental documentation pursuant to the Act and Annex I of the Protocol. These procedures are consistent with and implement the environmental impact assessment provisions of Article 8 and Annex I to the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty.
- 40 CFR 61.68 — Emission Monitoring.
- 40 CFR 52.1570 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 60.257 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 60.46 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 60.486a — Recordkeeping Requirements.
- 40 CFR 75.22 — Reference Test Methods.
- 40 CFR 52.1470 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 60.45c — Compliance and Performance Test Methods and Procedures for Particulate Matter.
- 40 CFR 60.46b — Compliance and Performance Test Methods and Procedures for Particulate Matter and Nitrogen Oxides.
- 40 CFR 52.1605 — EPA-approved New Jersey Regulations.
- 40 CFR 60.50Da — Compliance Determination Procedures and Methods.
- 40 CFR 63.11956 — What Are My Compliance Requirements for Ambient Monitoring?
- 40 CFR 63.11930 — What Requirements Must I Meet for Closed Vent Systems?
- 40 CFR 60.2922 — How Do I Conduct the Initial and Annual Performance Test?
- 40 CFR 60.3027 — How Do I Conduct the Initial and Annual Performance Test?
- 40 CFR 60.5416a — What Are the Initial and Continuous Cover and Closed Vent System Inspection and Monitoring Requirements for My Centrifugal Compressor, Reciprocating Compressor, Pneumatic Pump, and Storage Vessel Affected Facilities?