40 CFR 8.3 - Definitions.
As used in this part:
Antarctic environment means the natural and physical environment of Antarctica and its dependent and associated ecosystems, but excludes social, economic, and other environments.
Antarctic Treaty area means the area south of 60 degrees south latitude.
Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting (ATCM) means a meeting of the Parties to the Antarctic Treaty, held pursuant to Article IX(1) of the Treaty.
Antarctica means the Antarctic Treaty area; i.e., the area south of 60 degrees south latitude.
Comprehensive Environmental Evaluation (CEE) means a study of the reasonably foreseeable potential effects of a proposed activity on the Antarctic environment, prepared in accordance with the provisions of this part and includes all comments received thereon. (See: § 8.8.)
Environmental impact assessment (EIA) means the environmental review process required by the provisions of this part and by Annex I of the Protocol, and includes preparation by the operator and U.S. government review of an environmental document, and public access to and circulation of environmental documents to other Parties and the Committee on Environmental Protection as required by Annex I of the Protocol.
EPA means the Environmental Protection Agency.
Expedition means any activity undertaken by one or more nongovernmental persons organized within or proceeding from the United States to or within the Antarctic Treaty area for which advance notification is required under Paragraph 5 of Article VII of the Treaty.
Person has the meaning given that term in section 1 of title 1, United States code, and includes any person subject to the jurisdiction of the United States except that the term does not include any department, agency, or other instrumentality of the Federal Government.
Preliminary environmental review means the environmental review described under that term in § 8.6.
Preliminary Environmental Review Memorandum (PERM) means the documentation supporting the conclusion of the preliminary environmental review that the impact of a proposed activity will be less than minor or transitory on the Antarctic environment.
This part means 40 CFR part 8.
- 40 CFR 136.3 — Identification of Test Procedures.
- 40 CFR 52.1820 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 52.2087 — Original Identification of Plan Section.
- 40 CFR 52.2070 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 60.5397a — What Fugitive Emissions GHG and VOC Standards Apply to the Affected Facility Which Is the Collection of Fugitive Emissions Components at a Well Site and the Affected Facility Which Is the Collection of Fugitive Emissions Components at a Compressor Station?
- 40 CFR 60.765 — Compliance Provisions.
- 40 CFR 60.764 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 60.36f — Compliance Provisions.
- 40 CFR 60.35f — Test Methods and Procedures.