40 CFR 85.2120 - Maintenance and submittal of records.
(1) Detailed production drawings showing all dimensions, tolerances, performance requirements and material specifications and any other information necessary to completely describe the part;
(2) A description of the testing program, including all production part sampling techniques used to verify compliance of the certified aftermarket part with the applicable Emission-Critical Parameters and durability requirements;
(3) All data obtained during testing of the part and subsequent analyses based on that data, including the milege and the vehicle or engine configuration determinants if emission testing is utilized as the basis for certification;
(4) All information used in determining those vehicles for which the part is represented as being equivalent from an emissions standpoint to the original equipment part;
(5) A description of the quality control plan used to monitor production and assure compliance of the part with the applicable certification requirements;
(6) All data taken in implementing the quality control plan, and any subsequent analyses of that data;
(7) A description of all the methodology, analysis, testing and/or sampling techniques used to ascertain the emission critical parameter specifications of the originial equipment part; and
(8) All in-service data, analyses performed by the manufacturer and correspondence with vendors, distributors, consumers, retail outlets or vehicle manufacturers regarding any design, production or in-service problems associated with 25 or more of any certified part.
(c) For parts certified only for vehicles with less than 5 years of emission performance warranty coverage remaining, records must be kept for 3 years or until they determine that approximately 80% of the applicable vehicles are outside the warranty period, whichever occurs second.
(d) This section shall expire 5 years from the effective date of this regulation unless renewed prior to that date.