40 CFR 97.424 - Compliance with TR NO X Annual emissions limitation.
(a) Availability for deduction for compliance. TR NOX Annual allowances are available to be deducted for compliance with a source's TR NOX Annual emissions limitation for a control period in a given year only if the TR NOX Annual allowances:
(1) Were allocated for such control period or a control period in a prior year; and
(2) Are held in the source's compliance account as of the allowance transfer deadline for such control period.
(b) Deductions for compliance. After the recordation, in accordance with § 97.423, of TR NOX Annual allowance transfers submitted by the allowance transfer deadline for a control period in a given year, the Administrator will deduct from each source's compliance account TR NOX Annual allowances available under paragraph (a) of this section in order to determine whether the source meets the TR NOX Annual emissions limitation for such control period, as follows:
(1) Until the amount of TR NOX Annual allowances deducted equals the number of tons of total NOX emissions from all TR NOX Annual units at the source for such control period; or
(2) If there are insufficient TR NOX Annual allowances to complete the deductions in paragraph (b)(1) of this section, until no more TR NOX Annual allowances available under paragraph (a) of this section remain in the compliance account.
(1) Identification of TR NO X Annual allowances by serial number. The authorized account representative for a source's compliance account may request that specific TR NOX Annual allowances, identified by serial number, in the compliance account be deducted for emissions or excess emissions for a control period in a given year in accordance with paragraph (b) or (d) of this section. In order to be complete, such request shall be submitted to the Administrator by the allowance transfer deadline for such control period and include, in a format prescribed by the Administrator, the identification of the TR NOX Annual source and the appropriate serial numbers.
(2) First-in, first-out. The Administrator will deduct TR NOX Annual allowances under paragraph (b) or (d) of this section from the source's compliance account in accordance with a complete request under paragraph (c)(1) of this section or, in the absence of such request or in the case of identification of an insufficient amount of TR NOX Annual allowances in such request, on a first-in, first-out accounting basis in the following order:
(i) Any TR NOX Annual allowances that were allocated to the units at the source and not transferred out of the compliance account, in the order of recordation; and then
(ii) Any TR NOX Annual allowances that were allocated to any unit and transferred to and recorded in the compliance account pursuant to this subpart, in the order of recordation.
(d) Deductions for excess emissions. After making the deductions for compliance under paragraph (b) of this section for a control period in a year in which the TR NOX Annual source has excess emissions, the Administrator will deduct from the source's compliance account an amount of TR NOX Annual allowances, allocated for a control period in a prior year or the control period in the year of the excess emissions or in the immediately following year, equal to two times the number of tons of the source's excess emissions.
(e) Recordation of deductions. The Administrator will record in the appropriate compliance account all deductions from such an account under paragraphs (b) and (d) of this section.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 97 after this date.