41 CFR 303-70.101 - What costs must we pay for preparation and transportation of employee remains?
You must pay all actual costs including but not limited to:
(a) Preparation of remains, including:
(1) Embalming or cremation;
(2) Necessary clothing;
(3) A casket or container suitable for shipment to place of interment; and
(4) Expenses necessary to comply with local laws at the port of entry in the United States; and
(b) Transportation of remains by common carrier (that is normally used for transportation of remains), hearse, other means, or a combination thereof, from the TDY station, OCONUS location, or CONUS location covered by § 303-70.1(e), to the employee's residence, official station, or place of interment, including but not limited to:
(1) Movement from place of death to a mortuary and/or cemetery;
(2) Shipping permits;
(3) Outside case for shipment and sealing of the case if necessary;
(4) Removal to and from the common carrier; and
(5) Ferry fares, bridge tolls, and similar charges.
Costs for an outside case are not authorized for transportation by hearse. Costs for transportation by hearse or other means cannot exceed the cost of common carrier (that is normally used for transportation of remains).
Title 41 published on 01-Nov-2017 03:44
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 41 CFR Part 303-70 after this date.