42 CFR 1001.101 - Basis for liability.
(a) Has been convicted of a criminal offense related to the delivery of an item or service under Medicare or a State health care program, including the performance of management or administrative services relating to the delivery of items or services under any such program;
(b) Has been convicted, under Federal or State law, of a criminal offense related to the neglect or abuse of a patient, in connection with the delivery of a health care item or service, including any offense that the OIG concludes entailed, or resulted in, neglect or abuse of patients (the delivery of a health care item or service includes the provision of any item or service to an individual to meet his or her physical, mental or emotional needs or well-being, whether or not reimbursed under Medicare, Medicaid or any Federal health care program);
(c) Has been convicted, under Federal or State law, of a felony that occurred after August 21, 1996, relating to fraud, theft, embezzlement, breach of fiduciary responsibility, or other financial misconduct -
(2) With respect to any act or omission in a health care program (other than Medicare and a State health care program) operated by, or financed in whole or in part, by any Federal, State or local government agency; or
(d) Has been convicted, under Federal or State law, of a felony that occurred after August 21, 1996 relating to the unlawful manufacture, distribution, prescription or dispensing of a controlled substance, as defined under Federal or State law. This applies to any individual or entity that -
(2) Holds, or has held, a direct or an indirect ownership or control interest in an entity that furnished or furnishes items or services or is, or has ever been, an officer, director, agent, or managing employee of such an entity; or
(3) Is, or has ever been, employed in any capacity in the health care industry.
Title 42 published on 14-Sep-2017 03:57
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 1001 after this date.
- 42 CFR 1001.2006 — Notice to Others Regarding Exclusion.
- 42 CFR 1001.102 — Length of Exclusion.
- 42 CFR 1001.1801 — Waivers of Exclusions.
- 42 CFR 1001.301 — Conviction Relating to Obstruction of an Investigation or Audit.
- 42 CFR 1001.1551 — Exclusion of Individuals With Ownership or Control Interest in Sanctioned Entities.