42 CFR 1001.2002 - Notice of exclusion.
(a) Except as provided in § 1001.2003, if the OIG determines that exclusion is warranted, it will send a written notice of this decision to the affected individual or entity.
(b) The exclusion will be effective 20 days from the date of the notice.
(c) The written notice will state -
(1) The basis for the exclusion;
(2) The length of the exclusion and, where applicable, the factors considered in setting the length;
(3) The effect of the exclusion;
(4) The earliest date on which the OIG will consider a request for reinstatement;
(5) The requirements and procedures for reinstatement; and
(6) The appeal rights available to the excluded individual or entity.
(d) Paragraph (b) of this section does not apply to exclusions imposed in accordance with § 1001.1301.
(e) No later than 15 days prior to the final exhibit exchanges required under § 1005.8 of this chapter, the OIG may amend its notice letter if information comes to light that justifies the imposition of a different period of exclusion other than the one proposed in the original notice letter.