42 CFR § 136.350 - Contracts with Urban Indian organizations.
(a) The Secretary, acting through the Service, to the extent that funds are available for the purpose, shall contract with urban Indian organizations selected under § 36.351 of this subdivision to carry out the following activities in the urban centers where such organizations are situated:
(2) Identify all public and private health service resources within the urban center in which the organization is situated which are or may be available to urban Indians;
(3) Assist such resources in providing service to such urban Indians;
(4) Assist such urban Indians in becoming familiar with and utilizing such resources;
(5) Provide basic health education to such urban Indians;
(6) Establish and implement manpower training programs to accomplish the referral and education tasks set forth in paragraphs (a)(3) through (5) of this section;
(7) Identify gaps between unmet health needs of urban Indians and the resources available to meet such needs;
(b) Contracts with urban Indian organizations pursuant to this title shall be in accordance with all Federal contracting laws and regulations except that, in the discretion of the Secretary, such contracts may be negotiated without advertising and need not conform to the provisions of the Act of August 24, 1935 as amended, (The Miller Act, 40 U.S.C. 270a et seq. which is concerned with bonding requirements).
(c) Payments under contracts may be made in advance or by way of reimbursement and in such installments and on such conditions as the Secretary deems necessary to carry out the purposes of title V of the Act.
(d) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, the Secretary may, at the request or consent of an urban Indian organization, revise or amend any contract made by him with such organization pursuant to this subdivision as necessary to carry out the purposes of title V of this Act: Provided, however, that whenever an urban Indian organization requests retrocession of the Secretary for any such contract, retrocession shall become effective upon a date specified by the Secretary not more than one hundred and twenty days from the date of the request by the organization or at such later date as may be mutually agreed to by the Secretary and the organization.
(e) In connection with any contract made pursuant to this subdivision, the Secretary may permit an urban Indian organization to utilize, in carrying out such contract, existing facilities owned by the Federal Government within his jurisdiction under such terms and conditions as may be agreed upon for their use and maintenance.