42 CFR 3.420 - Notice of proposed determination.
(a) If a penalty is proposed in accordance with this part, the Secretary must deliver, or send by certified mail with return receipt requested, to the respondent, written notice of the Secretary's intent to impose a penalty. This notice of proposed determination must include:
(1) Reference to the statutory basis for the penalty;
(2) A description of the findings of fact regarding the violations with respect to which the penalty is proposed;
(3) The reason(s) why the violation(s) subject(s) the respondent to a penalty;
(4) The amount of the proposed penalty;
(5) Any factors described in § 3.408 of this subpart that were considered in determining the amount of the proposed penalty; and
(6) Instructions for responding to the notice, including a statement of the respondent's right to a hearing, a statement that failure to request a hearing within 60 days permits the imposition of the proposed penalty without the right to a hearing under § 3.504 of this subpart or a right of appeal under § 3.548 of this subpart, and the address to which the hearing request must be sent.